About This Course
origami is an art culture with over a thousand years of history. it is the art of folding any type of material to create sculptural designs. it is the Japanese art of paper folding. The aim of origami is to transform a flat piece of paper into a sculpture-like object. In modern times, the techniques of origami are being used in the fashion industry as well.
over the past few years, the fashion industry has taken a liken to origami, since the technique is useful in creating new types of geometrical dresses. Origami folding techniques can be used to make decorative fabric folds in blouses, pleats and so on.
Contemporary fashion designers have been always inspired by origami ideas and its sculptural forms: they realize that origami art is a valuable opportunity to explore very futuristic interesting ideas in fashion design.
- pattern making tools.
- curve rules (French curve)
- straight rule
- pattern paper
- fabric and paper scissors
- paper tape
- tape measure
- fabrics of choice
- basic pattern making and sewing knowledge.
- You want to improve on your creativity as a fashion designer.
- You want to become a fashion designer.
- Own a fashion line or intend to start your ready to wear line.
- You want to explore other techniques of dart manipulation and dart usage.