About This Course
This course covers all the techniques of dart manipulation/transfer. it uses the slash and spread method to explain how you can move darts from one place to the other on the bodice to achieve different designs.
As a fashion designer it is crucial to not only know how to sew darts, but also understand how to use darts and manipulate them to achieve the perfect design details for your garments. Darts are more than simple garment additions; they require key techniques to enable you alter the darts to achieve the look of your garment.
- pattern making tools:
- curve rules (French curve)
- straight rule
- pattern paper
- fabric and paper scissors
- paper tape
- tape measure
- fabrics of choice
- Basic pattern making and sewing skill.
- this course is for you if:
- You are a fashion designer who is unable to achieve your desired designs because of dart placements.
- You want to improve on your creativity as a fashion designer.
- You want to become a fashion designer.
- Own a fashion line or intend to start your ready to wear line.